GardenDEC® AY-1K is Full aliphatic Polyurethane binder. Specially formulated for stone carpet floor application.
GardenDEC® AY-1K is highly hydrophobic, it does not yellow, and granules do not change color exposed to extreme sunlight. Which results in excellent resistance to mechanical, chemical, thermal, continuous water contact and extreme weather conditions. It does not yellow, and granules do not change color exposed to extreme sunlight. Which results in excellent resistance to mechanical, chemical, thermal, continuous water contact and extreme weather conditions.
GardenDEC® AY-1K It is fast curing and zero-toxic (zero V.O.C.).100% solids.
The application requires mixing 4-6% of the binder weight of the product with colored quartz and marble granules. If the infrastructure requires waterproofing in stone carpet applications, PoreFILLER® P-1K should be applied under the stone carpet layer.
Do not leave the packaging lid open during the application phase and the open product can be saved for the next application using the packages lid open and close method.
- Important features
- GardenDEC® AY-1K ideal for use in cold weather
- Special formulated for winter season
- Due to continuous water contact and rainwater, no lime or chlorine water stains occur
- Highly Hydrophobic
- Highly sunlight resistance
- Full Aliphatic
- Solvent-less, 100% solids.
- Transparent, Full Aliphatic
- Fully aliphatic, no yellowing resulting from UV exposure
- Excellent resistance to heat, it will not yellow, peel or soften up to 90 °C
- Very high resistance to mechanical stresses, high tensile strength and abrasion resistance
- Excellent resistance to severe weather conditions
- Outstanding resistance to chemicals
- Outstanding hydrolysis and oxidation resistance
- Absolutely non foaming
- Comfortable application
- Car Parks and Garages
- Squares and Parks
- Areas with a lot of car traffic
- Driveways, Terraces, Pool Sides
- Paths and walkways
- Verandas and balconies
- Outdoor recreation areas
- Ideal for pathways
- Garage ramps
- Cycle paths
- Parking areas
- Pedestrian crossings
- Secondary roads
Consumption 4-6% Weight of the dry granules.
The exact ratio depends on the dust content of the granules.
Clean the surface using a high pressure washer if possible.
Remove oil, grease and wax contaminants. cement laitance, loose particles, mould release agents, cured membranes must also be removed. The application surface must be dry.
Priming: Priming is required when application is on non-porous substrates, such as ceramic/glazed tiles. In this case, Primer-D 1K is used.
During the floor stone carpet application; For a more comfortable application, spray your trowel with a mixture of 20% glass cleaning water and 80% tap water. Clean your trowel frequently with Cellulosic thinner during the application phase.